Shark Egg Case Hunt! - Cranfield Beach
About the event
Become a citizen scientist by searching for, and recording shark and skate egg cases. We will show you what to look for, where to look, and identify what species of shark or skate laid the egg cases you've found! It's a simple way to get involved in local shark conservation without even getting wet!
Know before you go
What to bring
Dress appropriately for the weather and wear sturdy footwear.
Covid-19 Events Briefing
· Pre-event questionnaire – You will be required to answer these questions on your arrival at the event
o Had a positive Covid-19 diagnosis or have been symptomatic within the previous 10 days?
o Come into contact with anyone who have had a positive Covid-19 diagnosis, or have been symptomatic within the previous 14 days?
o Travelled to restricted area requiring quarantine upon return in the last 14 days?
· We suggest you use toilet facilities at home before you leave. Bring a face covering and your own water bottles, snacks as we cannot provide catering
· Please follow instructions of the leader.
· Where possible, keep two metres apart from other people throughout your time at the event. Where it is not possible to be two metres away, keep at least one metre apart and wear a face covering.
· Maintain high standards of hygiene throughout the event – use your own hand sanitiser if you have it or use the ones provided regularly and try not to touch public areas such as barriers, gates etc.
· Dispose of litter responsibly in the bins provided
· Please don’t be offended if we remind you to comply with social distancing rules etc – we’re doing it to keep you and everyone else safe.